These are the latest articles and videos I found most interesting.
- Why Electronic Voting is a BAD Idea
- Are You Sitting Too Much?
- Why Do We Eat Spoiled Food?
- Cute Jumping Indri Lemurs – Madagascar
- Danny Macaskill: The Ridge
- CGI VFX Breakdown HD: “Winter Olympics: Sochi 2014 Opening”
- How Much Salmon Can a Kodiak Bear Devour?
- A Frigid Bootcamp for Scientists
- Dying for Gold, Only to Find Copper
Voting is centuries old, why can’t we move with the times and use our phones, tablets and computers? Tom Scott lays out why e-voting is such a bad idea.
Sitting can be lethal – here’s how to counteract it!
Lemurs are native only to Madagascar, and the indri is the biggest of them all. Narrated by Sir David Attenborough.
For the first time in one of his films Danny climbs aboard a mountain bike and returns to his native home of the Isle of Skye in Scotland to take on a death-defying ride along the notorious Cuillin Ridgeline.
Check out this revealing VFX breakdown for the Winter Olympics Sochi 2014 Opening created by the talented folks over at Main Road Post!
Separated from their mainland cousins for 10,000 years, kodiak bears have become the largest subspecies of brown bear on Earth. Here’s what it takes to feed them.
To prepare for an 90-mile, 8-week research trip across Alaska, apprentices in Juneau’s Icefield Research Program must first learn how to survive in the wild.
Near the turn of the 20th century, Alaska lured thousands of eager prospectors in search of precious minerals to its bountiful mountains. What many found was far more treacherous.